Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Boxing Day!

My dear friend Ilse took me out to lunch today!
I did not get quite as much done on my January swap preparations as I had hoped to do. It is for washed 2 1/2" light neutral strips. I cut enough to make 14 piles of ten strips each even though I'm only planning to swap ten piles.
Above are the width of fabric strips waiting to be cut in half and then dealt out like playing cards, one to each pile or stack.
This task is time-consuming and must be done while standing, so I like to take breaks and spread it out over two days. Right now I'm almost half done. I enjoy touching the fabrics and smoothing them into place, savoring each choice. If you are a Yahoo member, and you think you might like to join us, the link is  here. You may need to join quiltvillechat, too, I'm not sure. It is a lovely group and there are washed and unwashed fabrics sub-groups.

Yesterday was Christmas. While waiting for our stuffed turkey to finish driving us crazy with the delicious aromas, we exchanged small gifts. Matthew loves his newest National Football League red hoodie in our beloved Patriots' theme.


And Felix loved his Bill O'Reilly book, "Killing Kennedy" about JFK's assassination and the new software called "Dragon." Felix and I are such poor (two finger) typists that Felix thought this voice activated program would benefit us.


Do notice that my silly amateur chef husband is wearing his new stainless steel mixing bowl like a helmet to ward off alien voices. LOL!

And I am delighted with my "Quilts of the Civil War" by Barbara Brackman along with two 5 inch charm packs of Independence Trail by Moda.

It was a very happy Christmas!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas, Vic. I love that Brackman book. Enjoy!

cityquilter grace said...

ooohh, nice presents all around i'd say...

Needled Mom said...

It looks like fun. I love both O'Reilly books. They were excellent and so interesting.

Lori said...

Hmm--the helmet needs a crinkly layer of tin foil--wards off those alien brain reading radio waves. Books are always a great gift. But the Dragon software--please let me know how you turn out-I am VERY curious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...