Thursday, December 13, 2012

Waiting On Step Four

Today was a perfect late Fall or early Winter day! Light breezes streamed through the vivid sunshine and the chickadees waited their turn to get to the birdfeeders as the bully bluejays chowed down. I put ten prewashed Fat Quarters on the line to drip dry. I went out to sit in the sun two or three times, just soaking it up.

I'm so light-starved in the shorter days that it is hard to go down into the Quilt Cave and artificial light in spite of it being daylight-corrected bulbs. But down I did go! I had made up my mind to begin sewing the finished 48 blocks together for Sister's Choice Part II. Although I did not quite finish getting it all assembled, I got six of the eight rows made and joined to each other. Here you can see four rows joined and row 5 joined to row 6 lying beside each other.

Just two rows to go. Usually I'd say that I'll do those first thing in the morning, but when the next Easy Street clue is up, I'll want to do that right away!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, this makes me want to start this quilt right away. It is one of the three or four at the top of my bucket list and every time I see someone else making one I get anxious to dive in. It looks great, Vic. You are so close to a finish!

Debra said...

So pretty Victoria. Love all the colors. It's also on my to do list to make someday....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...