Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hello, Darkness, My Old Friend...

Sheesh! Both of my overhead fluorescent tubes burnt out at once and all of a sudden, leaving me in the dark in my Quilting Cave.


I tried to do a few units of the chevrons on Step 2 of Celtic Solstice.
But I was doubly discouraged when I learned that I had goofed them up by sewing the two rectangles bass-ackwards!


Outdoors, there was snow and freezing rain, so the roads were terrible! No going out for light bulbs here.


The birds were loving the rebuilt feeder that Felix fixed for me last Christmas.


Not sure if these are a different type of chickadee, or maybe a nuthatch? Click to enlarge.


The male cardinal that I was trying to photograph for you was very shy and took off immediately as I peeked around the corner of the garage door, so I never got him on film.


I cheered and hugged Felix when he came home Tuesday with the new bulbs! Matthew put them in right away and I was back in business! Yeay! Take nothing for granted.


That nice bright yellow was that new Walmart fabric. I'm not usually a yellow person, so this is stretching my comfort zone, but I love the look!


Miss Raven loves to roll in the fresh snow and came in with white clumps of snow stuck to her head, LOL! Miss Emma Lynn just likes to zip around in it.


Stay calm and quilt on!








6 comments:

straythreads said...

Your weather outside looks frightful but the dogs so delightful and a perfect day to quilt! Glad son came home to claim his dog was -14 earlier this morning.

Janet O. said...

Now Simon and Garfunkle will be in my head all day. I'd better go put on some Christmas music. : )
Those bulbs never burn out and then both of them at once? Worst luck!
That yellow looks very good in your chevrons--gives them some sparkle!

Auntie Em said...

Love Raven with her snowy face! I believe that those soft gray colored birds are tufted titmice.

nhlady said...

Those look like nuthatches to me, Vic. We have them here and they're fun to watch.

Keep up the great work on your blog.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Hi Vic, those birds in the feeder are Tufted Titmice..my favorite bird BTW..

Elaine Adair said...

Your posts are ALWAYS so cheerful and fresh - THANK YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...