Friday, June 13, 2014

Lucky For You!

Today, Friday the thirteenth, and a full moon, was unlucky for my dear friend Kate. She was sewing with us at The Golden Gese in Concord, New Hampshire.


Alas, Kate got distracted while using her brand new blade rotary cutter and accidentally cut herself rather badly. She has long since emailed me to say that she is back from the ER where she got 5 stitches and that she is resting comfortably. It could happen to any of us. Get well soon, Kate!!!

It was raining so hard that I was loathe to drag in my big sewing kit with "Scottie", my Singer Featherweight. A much better alternative was to loaf along with my favorite hand stitching project, The Farmer's Wife by Laurie Aaron Hird.


We chomped some chocolate from my Hersey's Milk Chocolate Nuggets and chatted as we worked along. Bonnie, Beverly, and Sue were great company.


I only got half a block sewn and then forgot to take a picture of it for you, but Claire, who was minding the store, took this picture of me as I was just leaving.


On the way home, just in front of my house, I was thrilled to take these snapshots of the lupines that Matthew and I had planted. It was on the steep banking that is unmowable.


Every year, after the lupine plants have finished blooming, I go out and collect the seed pods to scatter seeds into newer areas of the banking.


Slowly but surely, I'm getting good coverage to this problem area.


Aren't they beautiful? The raindrops all caught up in the foliage was pretty, too.


Claire, from the shop, had reminded me that thirteen is a very good number, being that the twelve apostles, plus Christ himself, make up the number 13. What a positive position to take! I like it.



Whatever happens to you today, I hope that you can make the very best of it!

Stay calm and quilt on!








1 comment:

Kay said...

The lupines are just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...