Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finally Fall!

We survived a couple of unusually hot muggy days over the weekend, when nobody felt like doing anything. Now that Fall has officially arrived, the cool dry sunny breezes reign to energize your mojo! I did a few of those needed orange/green 4-patches for Celtic Solstice.


And then I popped together a couple of the "54-40 Or Fight" blocks for it.


Then I got distracted by the Friday addition of the Marcus Brother's Sew Along by  Delores Smith over at Homestead Hearth.


I thought that the block used two of each color of 2 1/2" HST's, but there are FOUR of the blue ones!! Thank you, Delores, for a great block!


And next here it is all nicely pressed with starch!


Lastly, but not least, I have been plugging along at hand-hemming my Scrappy Jacob's Ladder and I'm now about halfway around it. At 84" square, it takes me a couple of days to do a side. Been working ahead on the next batch of 4 1/2" (unfinished) HST's to go into the next swap.


Hope your weather is able to energize you, too!

Happy sewing!



2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I always love your fabric choices! Great looking blocks, Vic. : )
It is in the 80s all week, here, but at least we don't have the humidity.

antique quilter said...

great blocks, oh the weather here has been beautiful
one bad day this past week but the rest , fall is here!
Kathie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...