Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Best Buddy!

My dear friend, Grace, went overboard to give me so many beautiful and welcome gifts for my birthday! At the Cocheco Show, she presented me with this windmill patchwork stocking just chock-a-block full of cheer!
 

Can you see the Pam Buda Primitive Gatherings 13 month calendar peeking out of the top of the stocking? Wheee!


Above is a better picture of all the magnificent quilty gifts! Red fabrics! Karen Kay Buckley perfect scissors (which I didn't have but desperately wanted, thank you! thank you!)! AND a paper pieced pumpkin that's hand quilted! Here's Peter Pumpkin, already on my wall, thank you, Grace!


I am so blessed to have such a good friend, who also stuck by me when my car would not start and got me safely home. While we were regrouping over the car troubles, we managed to wolf down some iced tea and colossal burgers at "The Revolution" at tavern and grille that was open on Sundays.


It turned out that my car's battery had been run too low to start it when I had accidentally left my lights on, so the boys got my car home the next day.

When I got home, I did a few more of the Birthday Girl blocks done for Celtic Solstice, too!



It's rainy today, so stay in and sew!

Happy sewing!




4 comments:

Janet O. said...

What lovely gifts from Grace. I'm glad you two take such good care of each other!
She really knows your passion for the red fabrics--and that calendar is gorgeous.
Fun pumpkin hanging, too. And all of it in that pretty stocking!
Looks like it made your birthday very special!

Elaine Adair said...

There's that sunshiney smile again - this time on my blog reader! Cute stocking, but the blocks are really stunning!!!

cityquilter grace said...

i am so very glad you enjoyed the gifts...i enjoyed making the stocking and the pumpkin....and the rescue? no biggie for me....nice photos and i LOVE those blocks...very pretty!

Nann said...

So nice to see both of your smiling faces in the same place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...