Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Good Haul

Tuesday's Sunshine Club at the Alton, New Hampshire Senior Center was busy both outside and inside! Here are two pictures of the current progress on the new addition.

The roof and the skylights seem to be all done! The next picture is taken from way over on the left to view the end of the addition (note the placement of the flag for orientation). Click pic to enlarge size.

Sue was working on her all grays jelly roll quilt with the black and white borders. She straight line quilted it by herself on her own Singer.

Doesn't it look great? Way to go, Sue!!!

Sue also prepared and applied her binding with a wee bit of coaching from me and got it all sewn onto the quilt. Her join-up of the two ends was perfect!

Margorie did more cutting of her blue 5" squares and then was working on her yoyo's.

We all enjoyed a delicious hot lunch of Chicken Parmesian and green beans with cinnamon spiced warm peach halves for dessert. Although I forgot to ask one of the others to take my picture there, I got Husband Wonderful, Felix, to snap a photo of me in our driveway when I got home.

My Shenandoah Valley "Patriot" jelly roll was designed by Nancy Gere for Windham Fabrics. I have been adding some giant 4-patches made from the Shenandoah Valley "Complete" 5" Charm packs to enlarge it.

 The difference is that the Patriot is a red/white/cream, but the Complete also includes some greens and purples.

I have another Patriot charm pack on order from Missouri Star Quilt Company (link here.) to be able to add borders to the top and bottom edges, too.

While waiting for the extra charm pack, I sent in my Blockswappers October 15th swaps. These were of 4 1/2" HST's and 4-patches, and I began to work on a few more for the next interval in January, I think.
It pleased me to no end to begin using my carefully distressed backgrounds in Civil War fabrics.

This was a "too-white" background that I simmered for twenty minutes in a pot on my stove with leftover coffee from breakfast. It came out marvelously mottled in a truly antique way and I love it! I paired it up with an old Robyn Pandolf rose floral that looked like madder reds to me and made HST's.

Another pair was fun, too, but it was not my distressing on this one.

I still needed some more 2" strips of orange and green to make the little 4-patches for Celtic Solstice, so I got a batch made.

In the mood to make 4-patches, I made some of the larger 4 1/2" unfinished ones for the swaps, too.

Like a fisherman on a good day, I liked my catch at the end of the day, LOL!

Here's hoping you had a good haul, too!

Happy sewing!


Janet O. said...

You've made progress in lots of different directions.
Your "aging process" seems to have worked beautifully! : )

cityquilter grace said...

a definite good haul there....can't wait to see the celtic solstice together....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...