Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Happy To Be Staying In

The wind is a-howling and the snow looks like fog because it is so fine and dense as it comes down. In spite of a quick 2 hour power outage this morning, we were restored quickly so I hope that we do not lose it again.


As for me, I've been happily cutting neutral 1½" strips for the February swap over at Quiltvilleswap.


Pictured above are 100 half width of fabric strips neatly sorted into ten piles of ten strips each pile.


Then they are folded once over to fit into a snack baggie (which is half the size of a sandwich baggie) and slapped with an address label.


All are placed into a big gallon bag and mailed off to the hostess for her to swap and return later. So I sent in ten different fabrics, but I get back one hundred different fabrics!

I also have been working on the little nine patch crib quilt that I pieced so long ago it was becoming another UFO.


I used up patched-together unbleached muslin for the backing and used overlapped and sewn together pieces of batting, too. Here is where I spray basted one half of the top at a time with June Tailor basting spray.


It sat for a month without quilting but I did a nice machine loop-de-loop this weekend.


I just set the old trusty 1949 White Sewing Machine at zero stitch length with my generic darning foot and went for it!


I seem to do well working almost backwards by pulling the quilt ever towards me as I loop the loops.


I'm very pleased with it, even though it is far from perfect, and I had a ball doing it.


I used the 100% Cotton Essential Threads in 50 weight from Connecting Threads. Link here.


My attitude for this little quilt was, Be like Nike; just do it!

This post is linked to Love, Laugh, Quilt blog's linky party here: link.

Happy sewing!










5 comments:

Nann said...

The weather outside is frightful, inside it's so delightful -- let us sew, let us sew, let us sew!

(Actually, looking out my window: blue skies and sunshine.)

Janet O. said...

That is lucky that your power has not been out longer! Hope it stays that way for you. You have made a very sweet little baby quilt. I need to get quilting another one for the granddaughter coming in May!

cityquilter grace said...

hope you are staying warm and glad to see you power was out only briefly....

beth s said...

The swap sounds like fun! Stay warm. ;)

Bonnie said...

Productive day for you. I love getting UFO's done. I'll have to look and see if I have any fast finishes available! Nice to get so many neutrals back on that trade.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...