Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rainbow Breakfast

Okay, how would YOU break this set? I could NOT decide which hard-cooked egg to select!
After three full minutes of going hungry and not being able to choose an egg, I posed my dilemna to Husband Wonderful, Felix. With zero hesitation, he grabbed the rose red egg and cracked it against the countertop and peeled it. Once the perfection of the set was broken, I immediately took the purple to balance the ends. LOL! Quilter's indecision!
I had a great time today at my Sew & Sews sit'n'sew group, where we are spoiled by the inhouse cafeteria at the Woodside building of the Taylor Community where we meet.

Mostly, I goofed off and showed off my progress shamelessly. The Cappuchino Quilt is a very simple large scale log cabin done from some Keepsake Strip Collections when they were on sale.
It is done but needs a label and will go to my "kid" (53years) sister for those times during power outages when she needs an extra layer of love. Here are some shots of it outdoors on my clothesline.
The backing is yarn-dyed plaid flannel and the batting is Warm & Natural.
I did the spiral free-style quilting on Ellen Peter's longarm and it was my very first time ever using a longarm.
Have you ever heard the expression, "If you build it, they will come."? Well, in quilting, there is a corollary to that law.
In quilting it goes something like this, "If you make it, they will love it!"
I mean, this quilt is stupidly simple. Most quilter's of any merit would not bother with something so ordinary and undistinguished as a 2 1/2" strips log cabin in Field & Furrows layout.
Yet, now that it is done and put together and quilted and bound, everybody loves it! So if your quilt goes through an "Ugly" stage, hold onto your reserve and persevere. It will come out just fine!
This is my new haircut. I'm loving it!

Happy sewing!








6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Too funny about the eggs, Vic! : )
Any log cabin is a good log cabin--and this will be loved!
Looks like a fun place to sit and sew.

Helen in the UK said...

I would have gone for the red egg first too! Congrats on your finish - how wonderful that it was ALL done by you and is going to stay in the family by living with your sister :)

cityquilter grace said...

yes, it IS a nice haircut...and i love the quilt. it is beautiful and the machine quilting is fine! and you know how to get to carnegie hall...

Needled Mom said...

That is a beautiful quilt!! I love the colors.

Nancy said...

Love your eggs! They are beautiful. Log Cabin blocks are such a great way to use up strips! Good job on the quilting, Vic.

Kathy H said...

Your logcabinquilt is just beautiful. I love all the different looks that you can get with those blocks, just by the layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...