Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy February!

Happy February, everybody! Today's bright sunshine was deceiving as the temperatures only climbed to about 20°F. Yet it made all the difference to me to elevate my mood.
My scattered sewing projects were to sew up a set of 4½" (unfinished) HST's in some of my brown Bordeaux & Sienna by Paula Barnes, worked with an oatmealy tan floral from Molly B's Studio, both by Marcus Brothers.


These are destined to be sent off to the Blockswappers swap due in March. I've said that I wanted to make a second scrappy Jacob's Ladder like I did last summer,


but now I'm thinking about doing some Depression blocks instead because I'm very inspired by Cathy's quilt top over at Sane Crazy and Crumby Quilting blog. In the meantime, while I make up my mind, I will just stockpile the units.


Then I laid out another couple of blocks for my Grand Illusion, the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Link


I got two blocks assembled and pressed and that brings me up to 15 of the 25 blocks that I need.



There was just one Sunny Lanes block that got squeaked out today also.


We are expecting another big storm after midnight tonight, but the sunset was mild and unassuming.


Stay calm and quilt on! Oh, yes, and GO PATRIOTS!!!!

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like you've been making the most of your sewing time. : )
Stay snug and warm during the coming snow.

cityquilter grace said...

pretty sunset....snowing here already this AM....ran out for pepsi and now back in the apt...my room too cold to sew so it's the hawaiian today! very nice blocks!

Mary H said...

I love your blog and check it almost every day. I love your quilts and projects. It inspires me to work on my quilting projects. Stay warm during this storm - too cold for me. I live too far south.
Mary H.

Jen said...

Oh I know just how you feel about that sunshine!! I keep waiting for sunny days again, but like you we are in our snowy time of the year. I got my Grand Illusion quilt pieced together finally last night and I am trying to decide on borders. I think I would rather have mine longer than square, so I may be adding the pieced border to the top and bottom.

SueR said...

Gorgeous Jacob's Ladder quilt, love that pattern! Had to pass on Bonnie's mystery this year, too much to do, but I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's. Lots of piecing in that baby!

Cathy said...

Ok...make a Jacob's Ladder AND a Depression block quilt. Go HSTs!!!

I need to get making mine for the swap and the 4Ps. Hmmmm...I think I'm fresh out of eyeballs!!!! I'll find something...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...