Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Windmills of Your Mind

When I finish a big project like Calliope Music, I give myself permission to start something new. And, boy howdy, have I ever jumped in with both feet! Thanks to last weekend's Bonnie Hunter quilter's yard sale and the Sew Far Sew Good Quilt Shop http://www.sewfarsewgoodquiltshop.com/, I have beautiful bundles of fat quarters in fine Civil War fabrics. And I subscribe to the Missouri Star Quilt Company's Youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Ixvjje310&feature=related ) tutorial series, too. So here goes!




I'm having a ball making these blocks that Jenny Doan demonstrated with permission from the Three Dudes quilt shop where it originated. Now, I know that a purist would point out that these are NOT authentic Civil War block patterns and maybe it is a waste of the authentic reproduction fabric designs. But I don't care! I've just been itching to dive into my Civil War stuff and I've been dying to try the 3 Dudes technique as well. So that's how it came together. I just love all the movement that these blocks have! To me, they look like windmills sort of. Hey, that's it! I'll call this one, "Windmills of Your Mind!"

3 comments:

Maureen said...

It's your fabric, you can do with it as you wish! I do like the movement of these windmills. This will be a very pretty and eye catching quilt!

Sharyn Hutchinson said...

This pattern is on my list. Hopefully I will get to it this year. I really like it.

Kats Studio said...

Hey, I like your windmills! Are you out from under the snow yet? We are having sunshine and 70 temps this week. I loved that video of your lab. Our dogs love swimming in the pond with the ducks. I really love your finished quilt! I've got to get borders on my Blue Ridge. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...