Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!



We are celebrating Easter at home with kielbasa and holiday white borscht filled with hard-cooked eggs and horseradish as a side condiment so that you may add it to taste. It is a Polish Easter tradition from Felix's family and we both love it. We were also gifted a huge honey ham for which we are most grateful.

I am especially grateful for our blessings this Easter because I now have lights back on in the sewing area and nobody was electrocuted doing the repairs! Yippee!
 I worked yesterday to cut the red stripe fabric from Moda's Collections for a cause into 1 1/4" coping strips and sewed them onto the Windmills of Your Mind quilt center. Once I got the red strips on, I was able to begin playing with the flying geese borders. Here you can see the right side flying geese border that has been sewn on already, and the top part is laid out getting ready to sew.
The upper-most top right geese are a pair that will be sewn at right angles to make the geese turn the corner so that they will fly in a circle around the quilt top. I think that I will add another 1 1/4" coping strip to the other outside of the geese for balance. I love the way this is progressing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...