Saturday, April 14, 2012

Landlubber's Paradise

Today was such a perfect Spring day that it was hard to think about it being the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. I watched one of the miriad TV shows about it and felt glad that I was safe on dry land. I wandered the farm with the camera and had an inner squeal of delight at each of the daffodils that are blooming!





It seemed criminal to be indoors at all with the 60 degree temperatures and really no bugs yet. But my piecing was calling to me. Here are the next batch of Sister's Choice blocks done yesterday and today.




I also called my dear friend, Wanda, in Florida, who is still quilting after having suffered two major strokes and has lost the use of the left side of her body. She makes string quilts with the help of her husband who ties them. She admitted to me that cutting strips is very difficult for her.
I think that cutting strips is great fun, so I spent an hour digging through bags of scraps that had come from my guild's auction night and cut about a peck-sized basket of mixed strings for Wanda. I even got them all packaged up and labeled and was ready to go right down to the post office to mail them out immediately. Then I experienced a "duh" moment to realize that it was already afternoon on a Saturday! So they will hafta wait until Monday morning.
Tonight is the Gilmanton Community Church Italian Supper and I hope to get there in time to feast upon somebody's homemade lasagna! But I will leave you with one last flower shot. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Hi Vic! My Daffodils are just about past now, But your Sister's blocks sure do look purty! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!! Happy Sewing, Debra in Ma.

Debra said...

Oh, by the way, it's going to be 92 today!! I have all my shades drawn to help keep it cooler! I can't stand to be hot!!! Crazy New England weather!.....Debra in Ma.

Nann said...

Robert Frost's "Two Tramps in Mud Time" comes to mind:

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...