Monday, April 2, 2012

The Dark Ages

No April Fool's Day joke here. I have no electric lights downstairs in my Quilting Cave!!!!! Felix was down there trying to repair a broken light switch on the far side of our cellar and something went wrong and it shorted everything out. He's made two or three trips to the hardware store to buy new circuit breakers to install. But our house was built in 1978, so it is challenging to buy the right stuff.

Today he took a day off from working on that to try to do our taxes, but it took all morning to clear enough of a spot on the dining room table to even look at the tax papers. He said he made some progress on it. So I'm going through patchwork quilting withdrawl. I can prewash fabrics in my bathroom sink and hang them out on the clothesline for now. Sigh.


The winds are very gusty at almost 45 miles per hour. Sure hope these don't blow right off the line!

2 comments:

Beth in MN said...

I feel for you!! Tax time and no electricity is more than a body can take. We just had our taxes done and I would have serious withdrawal if I didn't have my quilting to console me.

Sara said...

So glad that taxes are a thing of the past for me...but, no electricity would drive me bonkers...

Hey, I wouldn't mind if that lovely flowered fabric flew off the line and headed right here to Claremont, NH! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...