Wednesday, October 17, 2012

63 Skiddoo

Today I am 63 years old and am very happily enjoying good health! This is my favorite recent picture of myself doing what I love to do; buying fabrics for quilts!
The wind and rains have stripped most of the trees naked of leaves, but I got a few pretty colors in the yard.



Last night, we got a big surprise when the whole house rumbled a shook for a few seconds at 7:15pm. The day had been very windy and we wondered if a tree limb had fallen on, or near the house. Felix ran downstairs to check on our furnace, too. We called Al & June, our next door neighbors, who had felt it too. They had been listening to the radio and thereby knew that it was an earthquake. A 4.6 earthquake in New England??? Wow! Now that is very rare.

The other adventure was that Felix borrowed my 1989 Mercury Marquis to go to the auto parts store for tail light bulbs. The joke was on him when he came out of the parts store and my car refused to start! Because he is our home mechanic, we don't use triple A and so we needed a tow job from Farmington. $125 dollars later, my car was safely home but unrepaired. Now I get to use his car to go to Sew & Sews today, ya think?
Here is the booty that I bought for my birthday presents!
Above is two Independence Trail blues by Moda with a Jo Morton poison green.
And this grouping is all half yard cuts by various designers, prairie moon by Kansas Troubles, A William Morris print, and a wonderfully rich indigo by Sturbridge Village Judie Rothermel of Marcus Brothers. What a fabric snob I have become!!! LOL!
Enjoy your day!


10 comments:

Kate said...

Happy birthday, Vic! I hope you have a splendid day!

cityquilter grace said...

many happy (fabric) returns vic! i beat you just shy of 2 mos as i turned 63 august 27th! i love your fabric choices. oohh, great quilty minds think alike!

Auntie Em said...

Happy Birthday! Even the earth shook to celebrate!

nhlady said...

A very Happy Birthday to you! Spend your special day doing what you love...

We felt the earthquake here in Loudon, too. Very weird.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Você não estava satisfeita com a idade do ano passado...? heheh!!!
Felicidades todas para você,que Deus continue a te abençoar e inspirar.Beijos.

Kate in CT said...

Vic--Wishing you a very happy birthday and continued good heath for many years to come. Love your blog and I'm so impressed that you can lay out your quilts on the driveway and get down on your hands and knees and then get up again. Says alot about you being a hearty New Englander.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday ! Can't wait to see what you make with that pretty fabric.

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Vic. I hope it was grand that that you'll have many wonderful days on the way to 64!

Debra said...

Happy Birthday Vic!! What a special time you had!.....We didn't feel the quake here but others did near us. Enjoy your new fabrics! Debra in Ma.

Helen in the UK said...

I'm a couple of days late, but still wishing you a very Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great time - looks like you got some nice pressies, even though the car wasn't cooperating :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...