Friday, October 26, 2012

The Clothesline Diaries

Of course all those three quilt shows that I went to, I had to buy fabric! So in these fabulous Autumn days, with their gentle breezes and bright dry sunshine, I have been pre-washing my booty.
These are some of the fabrics for my Coral Floral.

Some of these came from bargain hunting on Quilter's Flea Market, a Yahoo Group.
But the true prizes are these historics.
The half-yard pieces to the left were only $2.95 each at the Cocheco Show.
Love that lively neutral above on the right!
That's the Jo Morton poison green on the right above.
I love the indigo printed on a tan background rather than a stark white.
I'm vacillating over just what colors to pull for the historic Shoo Fly quilt workshop that I'm taking on November 17th taught by Charlene Higgins at the Golden Gese Quilt Shop in Concord, New Hampshire. All I know so far is that I want the shoo fly blocks to be done in tea stained tans like the two above.
We are bracing for Hurricane Sandy coming in on late Monday and Tuesday. So I took my camera for a quick drive up onto Stage Road about a mile or two away to photograph my favorite beech grove's foliage.

All these leaves will be gone so soon!

It makes you feel like you are inside a golden cloud as the bright sunlight steams through the leaves and illuminates them. Wow!
I'm still sewing on the Coral Floral blocks, but no new progress to show you yet.

I need 36 of the large blocks and I'm up to 26 so far!







4 comments:

Debra said...

Just Lovely fabrics. Love your clothesline too......Hang on tight, Vic. The perfect storm is coming our way next week! I just hope we don't lose power. I have more than several oil lamps filled & ready to go plus candles. Keeping our fingers crossed here. Stay safe.

Nancy said...

I love your reds and tans but I know you work wonders with those greens and blues, too. I think you have an amazing sense of color.

I am surprised that you hang your new fabric out to dry instead of using a dryer. Whenever I hang fabric to dry it seems to come back into the house distorted. What's your secret?

(I'm also surprised that you lay your new quilts on your driveway!)

Kats Studio said...

Hey Vic, love your new fabric colors. Coral floral is a great name for a quilt. I can't wait to see it.
I will be praying all goes well for you and the entire east area.

Debra said...

Hello Vic, Happy Halloween to All.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...