Monday, August 25, 2014

Caught Up on Marcus Brothers Sew Along

Today was too hot for my comfort so I spent most of the day working on the Marcus Brothers Sew Along block from Friday. Link here. Pati Violick's design was a bit tricky for me to get the inner pinwheel just the right size.


Her instructions were very clear and I especially appreciated that she listed the unfinished sizes of units as I went along.


My fabrics were a mix of Marcus for the pinwheel, Andover for the green, and an RJR in the black corners.


Once again I used my Omnigrid #96 right triangle ruler to make the blue and cream HST's and their wings, too.


I had no problems and everything went together fine.


I was thrilled to hit the perfect 8 1/2" mark right on after pressing with a bit of starch.


Hope your projects from today were successful and that you had some air conditioning available.

Happy sewing!





3 comments:

Janet O. said...

You are dealing with heat, and we were about 10 degrees below normal, with wind and rain. Loved it!
Your block is beautiful, Vic. I agree--I appreciate having the measurements in a pattern telling me the unfinished size of each unit as they are being made. Seems lately that none of the patterns I have been using had that info. I had to stop and figure it out and write it in on each pattern. To me that is necessary information!

antique quilter said...

great block love your fabric choices! happy for you that it is just the right size :)
Kathie

julieQ said...

Very pretty! The colors you have chosen are so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...