Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Stay Busy

Last Saturday, instead of moping and crying and missing Miss Raven, I took my camera out for a ride to Trudy's Thrift Shop in Alton, New Hampshire.


It's the kind of place where you can go to feel rich with one twenty dollar bill in your pocket. Even if you don't buy a thing, it's fun to paw through other people's stuff, LOL!


I decided to buy a couple of sweet baskets for $3 and $2 respectively.


The larger one that is sort of heart shaped will become a fine birthday basket for my sister, Suzanne in September.
The smaller one is like a tray shape, perfect for holding newly made quilt blocks.


The little granite-ware tart pan was a buck, and it nicely holds milk for kitties. Miss Tanner field tested it and approved.



Miss Emma Lynne has been adjusting very well to being the only dog in the household now. She likes going outside to spend time with Miss Tanner.


But Miss Tanner still cannot see why it's fun to chew up sticks!

As for me, I felt a lot better, too.


Happy sewing!


6 comments:

Feathers in my Nest said...

I heart thrifting too...haven't been in a while though....maybe this week, I'll look for shirts too...Loving your pretty baskets Vic..you have great taste...kisses all around.

Janet O. said...

I just found some nice batiks and a pretty Moda fabric for a donation quilt at a thrift store yesterday. Always fun to find a bargain.
You found some fun baskets!
Glad you are feeling better. : )

helen said...

Glad you are feeling better!
Very pretty 4-patches - what will it be??
Best wishes!

Kats Studio said...

Vic, I am so sorry to hear about Raven. I always enjoyed your inclusion of her in your posts. We lost our little Rachel in July. As usual, your work and your quilt colors are wonderful. Habe a beautiful day and thanks for sharing.

Nann said...

It's hard to not miss a pet who was part of your family for long. Looks as though Emma and Tanner are doing their part to fill the gap.

What happened to the Three Little Kittens? (I may have missed that post...)

Kate said...

Uhoh! I shouldn't be reading these out of order! I'm so sorry to read about Raven! I'll scroll down to find the story. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet! Feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...