Friday, July 20, 2012

Quilty Visitor

Today there was lovely weather and an even lovelier visitor from over in Maine named Grace. Grace is a fellow Stashbuster and blogger, perhaps you have seen her Citymousequilter http://citymousequilter.blogspot.com/ blog.
She brought her magnificent flame orange batik Hawaiian applique project for show and tell and I was very impressed with those tiny even stitches. We talked for hours!
 Grace even came down into my Quilt Cave to give me a quick demonstration of paperpiecing. She had some great tips and I was very happy for the help! I'm supposed to be working on a pineapple block to contribute to next year's raffle quilt for the Belknap Mill Quilter's Guild and I was terrified of starting it. Now I think I know what I'm doing.
I made Grace a smoked turkey/smoked gouda/genoa salami paninni, she brought a delectable selection of pastry treats for dessert, and even some beautiful fresh apricots for my diabetic Felix, and we feasted! This is what was left over, so yummy. Matthew inhaled his carrot cake!

Then, we took off for The Golden Gese quilt shop in Concord. Nancy Gesen, the owner, was as hospitable as ever with the 20% off July sale. There was a full shop-hop in swing, so the store was full of happy quilters.


I found some Jo Morton black floral Civil War that I liked, and a lovely cheddar too. Here I am back at Park Hill Farm afterwards showing Grace what I'd gotten.
Matthew and Felix spent most of the time down in the garden, happily playing in the dirt replacing cucumber plants that had been nibbled to death by the deer. Felix sprayed around the garden with Deer-Repel now, so we hope that will get them grazing elsewhere. It was a good day for everybody's hobby!

1 comment:

nhlady said...

Sounds like you had a really good day!

I have been following your blog for several months now and have enjoyed each posting.

I smile everytime I pass your house on the way to my son's house in Middleton.

I live in Loudon, not far from you, and also am a quilter. I'm originally from Michigan, having moved to NH in 2006.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello" to you and thank you for the delightful posts.

Patsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...