Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Sunshine Club

There was lots of fun at the Alton Senior Center in Alton, New Hampshire yesterday. Margie (on the right) joined us after an absence of 3 weeks with her company, and Sue (on the left) started a new project featuring four-patches.


I (in the middle, holding the chocolate's dispenser) was having so much fun that I completely forgot that it was supposed to be The Farmer's Wife group down at Evergreen Country Primitives Quilt shop. I didn't even realize it until today! Sigh. Oh well, at least I was working on the block from Laurie Aaron Hird's book.


With all hand stitched blocks, and pieces cut from templates with scissors, not rotary, The Farmer's Wife is a study in accepting a more relaxed pace. My plan is to incorporate some small scale gingham scraps for an authentic olde timey look!






As promised, there is an addition for yesterday to the August 1st drawing for the giveaway. I made a dried rose petals sachet from some pretty scraps for the winner! These are lovely in your pocketbook or sock drawer or car; just scrunch it and sniff for the fragrance. When my Mom was dying from the complications of dementia, she liked having one nearby when bedridden.


So that was for yesterday.

Today's addition to the giveaway is a little more glitzy, as it was not made by me. It is a pair of patterns! One is "Past Times" by Lynne Wilson for Moda,



and the second one is "Luci In The Sky" by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company!



The Farm report is down and up again in that yesterday afternoon we endured another cycle of the well going dry, but this time, it was spewing black muddy water, EEEEEEEEEW! We are used to sparkling clear, cold, delicious well water from about 300" down.
It required an overnight rest to regain pressure, and second repairs to the culprit of the leaking toilet.

My Husband Wonderful took me shopping at Sam's Club and then out to eat at The Red Apple Chinese Buffet in Concord, New Hampshire. We both needed to escape! Great food, no prep, no dishes, yummo!
We now await the Amazon-ordered well filters to have clear water. No worries, there's still plenty of gin, LOL!

I hope you can find the humor in your day's downs & ups today.



Happy sewing!




3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Keep your grip on the chocolate canister, Vic! : )
How do you decide which group to sew with when they overlap? (other than forgetting about one of them?)
Oh, you are so good at keeping a happy outlook through your troubles. I love that about you!

Lori said...

I swear you are meeting yourself coming and going, I envy you! Too many sewing groups that they overlap. And have chocolate. ;-)

cityquilter grace said...

the glitches of country life...give me sirens and traffic any day...LOL...keep calm and quilt on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...