Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Presence


Several years ago, I had the most wonderful opportunity to attend a Unitarian artist's retreat on Star Island, just off the coast of New Hampshire, to practice up on my watercolors. It was a week of no television, no radio, and no phones other than those at the hotel desk. One morning, while awaiting the bell for our community dining breakfast, I was reading in one of the hotel scrapbooks and stumbled upon this treasure from a Christmas Eve sermon. Reprinting it here is my Christmas gift to all of you.

Christmas Presence

"I wish for you, all around you,
People who love easily and forgive quickly;
Whose eyes are stars when you are night,
Whose voices are trumpets when you are silence.
I wish for you people all about you who are gifts in themselves
And whose presence in your life is an all year-round present."

-James H. Curtis (1931-1973)
Unitarian Minister

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your sweetie, wishing you and yours a blessed 2015!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...