Monday, December 8, 2014

Some Of Step Two

After a wonderful hour-long session at my Chair Yoga class at the Senior Center, I did a few of the Step 2 units for Bonnie K. Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt. 


My progress shows that I AM bothering to make the cute little "bonus triangles," or, "quilt seeds," as Bonnie likes to call them.


See those perfectly drawn pencil lines in the above photograph? It's worth it to draw them! And a big "Thank you, again, Grace!" goes out to my friend in Maine who brought me a purple mechanical marking pencil from her retreat in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.


The pencil says, "Delaware Quilts.com Quilter's Retreat," and the retreats are very well run by Marge Gordon. link
I've been enjoying that marking tip from Bonnie for my Sunny Lanes blocks, too. If you're interested in making Sunny Lanes with me, the blocks look like this:


I'm using Civil War stuff for all the 4-patches, and the ivory white is Kona Snow, while the golden tan is a Kansas Troubles from Moda. Marcia Hohn has great free instructions here!

Ahh, but I digress! I must stay on track to work on Step 2 of Grand Illusion.


So far, I've only done a handful of the 100 units that are needed, but that's okay, because ice storms are predicted for the whole week. Please, can we just keep our power?


There will be more variety as I add more different blacks and pinks as I go. What pleases me most is to get an accurate  4 1/2" measure. Yeay!


If you're just cruising and you haven't yet been to Bonnie K. Hunter's Monday Linky Party, you simply must check it out!

Stay warm and quilt on!




5 comments:

Andee said...

Looking good on the mystery!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Love, Love, Love your Black fabric Vic..and yes, Please let's have no power outages this week....we lost power last week for about an hour, not bad...filled all my feeders today & put some peanuts out for my Black squirrels..tomorrow I'll make double batch of suet...Stay warm & sew my Dear..Hugs & Kisses all around.
Debra in Ma.

Janet O. said...

Two great projects in the works!
I'm enjoying everyone's mystery progress, and I love Sunny Lanes--one I hope to make someday!

cityquilter grace said...

you are so welcome vic about the pencil....they are super!

Kay said...

Your units look great! Need to go mark mine and get sewing! Love the Sunny Lanes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...