Saturday, December 27, 2014

New Toys

Happy third day of Christmas! I had forgotten that I'd left the camera in my car, so it got left out there overnight and no pictures were taken of presents and turkey on Christmas Day. It was all good!

Here is what's left of the turkey, simmering and making the whole house fragrant with yummy soup!


I loved the book that Felix gave to me, sorry that the photo is a wee bit misty from a too-cold camera.


It is Carrie Nelson's, "A Touch Of Rosie"! I hope that I will actually MAKE some of these quilts, but if not, I'll spend hours mooning over the pictures and have a ball doing so. I figure it's my book, so I can play with it any way that I want to, LOL!

Our almost record-setting temperatures in the 40's and 50's has taken most all of the snow away. Miss Emma Lynne enjoys a good stick chewing session almost as much as her rope toys which were in shreds within an hour of her having received them, LOL!
She figures it's her toy, so she can play with it any way she wants to! Smart dog, I wonder where she gets it from?


I had two massive spending sprees on fabrics; one at The Golden Gese in Concord, New Hampshire, and then another one at The Mothership (aka Keepsake Quilting's retail store in Center Harbor, NH).


The above are the haul of fat quarters from the Gese, and below is the yardage from The Mothership.


Keepsake's Outlet Store is doing a wonderful new thing by having large bins of precut one yard pieces for $6 bucks a pop.
There were half a dozen that I just couldn't live without and came home with me. But the real coup d' etat was a Marcus Brothers diagonal red and green print.


There were only 2 ¼ yards left on the bolt and I took all of it for the princely sum of $6 per yard. Then I did an incredibly stupid thing. I finished quilting the little red and green table topper and put some random green on for the binding.


Geez, I could've had this new one! But the new one was upstairs and I had forgotten all about my having just bought it. I swear, I'm ready for the "Home For Very Senile Quilters."


My dear friend, Grace, had sent me a copy of Angela Walters' book on Free Motion Quilting which I used to try a new design on this little table-topper. Thank you, Grace!!!


The workbook suggests that you keep pushing yourself to try out new designs. That gave me the impetus to do some little Christmas trees joined by jingle-squiggles all along the red border.


Thank goodness that the red fabric is pretty busy and hides lots of "whoops-its!"


Here is the back that shows off the quilting a wee bit better.


It was lots of fun, sort of like "planned doodling."


Our little congregation has candlelight services every Christmas Eve. We enjoyed the fellowship of worship tremendously.


Here are the men on a small ladder to light the kerosine lanterns from 1826, still in use today.





Did I mention that Grace also sent along a quilter's mug big enough for a quick swim? LOL! Thank you, Grace! The mug is pictured beside my tiny tree adorned with Janet's beautiful miniatures. Thank you, Janet!

When my "kid" sister, (she's 54) Lucinda, was here for Thanksgiving, one of her hostess gifts to us were some fancy flavored coffees. Dark Chocolate Cherry is Felix's favorite, but I loved the Caramel Macchiato. We are surrounded by our abundant blessings!

Enjoy some stitching and some family fun, too!




4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow, so much going on in this post!
Have to say, I do really like that red/green diagonal print--will make a great binding on something, someday when you remember you have it. : )
That is a very fun design you quilted. I want to try that sometime, too.
Your church looks lovely!
I just chuckle through your posts, Vic. You crack me up. Enjoy your quick swim in Grace's gifted mug! *LOL*

cityquilter grace said...

nice fabric haul there...and the trees are adorable! so glad you found the book useful and inspiring!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Hello Dear Vic...your fabrics are just beautiful, I have at least 4 of those FQ's...I've been shopping too! yikes..Thousands of Bolts is having their year end sale...I bought a few flannels for$1.99 yd to top my ironing station..fabrics were mostly $3.95 & under per yard...well...you know I can't just pass that up! Haha.....Soup smells wonderful..kisses to Miss Emma...Did Tanner & Tipper come home?

Bonnie said...

Wonderful fabric additions to your stash. I'll join in forgetting what I have. And, more problematic, WHERE something has been put! Happy New Years to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...