Thursday, December 4, 2014

December Doings

We had good weather for taking my sister, Lucinda, to the bus station in Concord, New Hampshire for her trip back to Connecticut. It was good to see her and we had a lovely visit over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Later that same day I got to go to The Sunshine Club in Alton, New Hampshire, at the Senior Center.


What I am holding up for you to see is a giant four patch of some charm pack material called Clermont Farms by Moda. They are a red/white/blue theme, but more floral rather than patriotic.

Sue was hard at work putting the last of her dark brown sashing on her modified double 4-patch design.


She chose to arrange her blocks very carefully and created her very own design from the semi-random pieces.


This is Sue's first venture into the scrappy world and it really pushed her comfort zone to not have everything to be, "matchy-uppy."
We all loved how it came out as a top! At 54" by 88", it is a nice twin size.


Margorie was there to admire it and she also worked along on her varigated blue yarn crochet baby blanket. It's really coming along, now, Margorie!






Although I forgot to get pictures of it in progress, I spent a lot of yesterday cutting and packaging a big swap for neutrals and prints for Quiltvilleswap. This swap was for 200 strips that were half width of fabric by 1 1/2", so it will be perfect for a scrappy log cabin whenever I get it back.

We're still eating turkey meat in our pumpkin soup and loving every bite! Somehow, I never tire of turkey.

Happy sewing!



2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

yeah cutting strips is on my to do list as well...perhaps i'll get some of yours? i hope so....LOL

Janet O. said...

I hope Sue is happy with her quilt top. I think it looks beautiful!
We barely had any turkey left, so it was gone days ago. : (

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...