Thursday, October 17, 2013

A 49'ers Day

I enjoyed a terrific 64th birthday! My dear 81 year old neighbor, Ilse, baked me the most moist and delicious Lemon Cake all decorated with lemon drops:

She also made me a small chocolate cake to return in the basket that I had brought to her with cherry tomatoes for her Alfred.

A large box arrived from my sister in Connecticut, but I had promised her that I would not open it until we were on the phone together tomorrow. In the meantime, my other sister, who lives nearby, met me for lunch at the Alton, New Hampshire, Senior Center.

That fall quilt was made by volunteer "Dorinda"

The menu was Stuffed Cabbage Cassarole with garden peas and it was great! They had coarsely chopped the cabbage into big bite-sized pieces and mixed it with the hamburger/rice/sauce and baked it. So much easier to make and to eat, too!

While we were there, one of the volunteers, "Abe", asked me to come over to the computer, that he had something for me to look at. It was the Beatles singing, "When I'm 64!"
Dorinda made the Trip quilt too!

Suzanne had brought over a lovely flower arrangement from her garden and had taped pieces of an old birthday card to the sides of the vase. She used garden parsley for the greenery, doesn't it look smashing?
Then I took in a glorious sunset in the soft mild air.
And Felix drove me an hour's ride away just to get to the Athen's Restaurant where we feasted upon roast shoulder of lamb with roasted vegetables. Yummy!
I had such a good day, and by the way, I love being 64, LOL!


Happy sewing!




11 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday!

Auntie Em said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Helen in the UK said...

Happy birthday for yesterday ... looks like you had a great day :)

rockgranny said...

Happy birthday

Nann said...

What a perfect celebration -- include your favorite people, good food, a lovely day, and quilts as well!

64 is such a geometrically perfect age -- cubed (4 x 4 x 4) or a varition thereof (2x2 x 2x2 x 2x2). Hmmmm....that could be a quilt design....

Janet O. said...

Happy Birthday, my dear! Looks like you were well taken care of on your special day!
I got a kick out of Abe's tribute to your age. : )

Needled Mom said...

Your birthday sounds perfect! The cake looks delicious too.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! How wonderful to get to spend it with friends, family and yummy food!

Vic in NH said...

Thank you so very much for all of you that are my very dear friends yet far away. In my heart, you are so very close to me!!!! -Vic

Glady said...

Happy Birthday, Vic. It looks like you had a lovely birthday!

Kate said...

Happy, happy birthday, Vic! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...