Friday, October 11, 2013

Delightful Day At The Mothership

Today was a fine fall day to spend shopping, chatting, laughing and enjoying lunch with two of my favorite virtual internet friends. Today made them all the more real!

Victoria, Janet, and Grace at the Mothership
Grace is my friend from Maine who has the most amazing quilty socks!!!! Aren't they fabulous? And how about dem new Nike's, too?


Grace found a few new "oranges" ( no, not the kind that you eat, silly!) and she will tell you more about her quilt-in-the-planning stages on her blog.


There is so much to see at Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, New Hampshire!


The store is so big that you can get lost daydreaming over fabrics when you were really trying to find their beautiful restrooms, LOL!
My other dear friend, Janet, from Utah, had brought her daughter Angie. Her blog is here.

Janet as we all took a break on the porch

It was so heartwarming to see this mother-daughter team up to find great stuff.


It made me miss my own mother, who is, right now, busy pouring drinks for Saint Peter. Do they have swizzle sticks in Heaven?
My mother was not a quilter, but she loved her needlepoint! The lively bunch that she formed as a sit'n'sew group she named, "Stitch & Bitch."LOL!
My beloved mother and her needlepoint.
Ahhhh, but I digress! Now it has become tomorrow and I was just telling you about yesterday that was today. hmm. Well, you know what I mean...

Janet and Angie both made so many decisions they were a bit overwhelmed.

So Grace and I whisked them off to the local eatery called The Canoe where we feasted and told all the stories and asked all the questions and wearied our poor waiter, Jayloam.


He was so nice to take our picture as we were leaving.

A Fabulous Foursome!

It was the best company of kindred spirits! But before I go, here are just a couple of last random inspirational photos that I took at the Mothership.

Cheddar and nine-patch

 Now is that cheddar and nine-patch spicy enough for you? It was all Halloween themed fabrics!


And I leave you with this darling scrappy log cabin to remind us all that we all fit in somewhere.

Stay calm and quilt on!



3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

nice photos victoria! captured our daytripping fun perfectly!

Gayle said...

How fun that you all got to meet up! Janet and I enjoy getting together on occasion - she's a sweetheart! Hope you'll show the goodies you bought!

Janet O. said...

We had such a good time, didn't we? I'm borrowing a minute on my daughter"s iPad, but need to get to bed. We have been going constantly for 5 days and I am worn out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...