Thursday, October 3, 2013

Davy Crockett Log Cabin


Today is the last day before the set up on Friday for the quilt show. I want to make one more hanging sleeve. It's for the "Davy Crockett" log cabin and then I'll load my car.


I am so pleased with how this turned out! It is a nice sized queen at 84" X 84". It took me 22 days to complete this quilt, which is like lightening for me! Usually I take several months to finish a quilt.


The wonky spiral quilting is as whimsical as the rest of it.


Maybe the quilt show coming up spurred me on to try to finish it in time to show it, I don't know.


Maybe it was the break in the hot sticky weather with all this cool, energizing dry air.


What made me stay on task to the end? I have no idea, LOL! But I'm very glad that I did for once not get bored and distracted by some new project.


I'll be pleased to offer it for sale at $475.00 and hope very hard that it does find a wonderful new home with people that will love it as much as I do, LOL!

Stay calm and quilt on!







6 comments:

straythreads said...

That turn ed out great! you have the lone star of Texas in the middle surrounded by the walls of the Alamo. I think 475 is too low for a quit that size after materials you are getting about 2 bucks and hour for your time.

Janet O. said...

Love it, Vic!
That would be record time for me if I EVER completed a quilt that quickly!
Hey--a week from today are you still on to meet up at Keepsake Quilting?

audrey said...

Good work! Very fast time for the size of the quilt! Love the colors and of course the log cabin is one of my favorite blocks ever.:)

cityquilter grace said...

really very nice victoria...and i will keep my fingers crossed...that would be fantastic...

Nann said...

Hooray for the finish! How did you determine the price? (I tend to undercharge.)

Glady said...

You are so inspiring - only 22 days! Your Davy Crockett Log Cabin is stunning! Where did the name come from?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...