Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Show Recapping After Show Recuperating

Today I'm really feeling better from the over-stimulation of the quilt show. It is a lot of fun but it is exhausting in every way; physically, intellectually, and emotionally.

Please recall that you may enlarge a photo by clicking on it.

We have great people who pull together as a team, and we are blessed by the gentle and loving leadership of Ann Rampulla, who has pulled double-duty this year as show chair and president. Thank you, Ann for your continuing guidance and tireless work!

Here are some more random shots from around the show for you to enjoy.

Here is one of the early shoppers at the Penny Sale chaired by Judy Sigsworth.







The boutique was a success!


Although I don't know her name, this, below, is the gal that bought Ila Matila's  gorgeous blue quilted jacket and she is standing in front of the little Sunday raffle quilt.

Can you believe that Jean Vaillaincourt, who assembled all those blocks, is the one who WON IT!???!!

"Rigged, rigged, rigged" was the teasing that we heard all day, LOL!


I was happy to sell a few potholders and some catnip mice.

There were lots of wonderful vendors and here are just a few of them. 

Sharon Zimmerman with a customer at the Dreamland machine custom quilting booth. In the background is Sharon's mom, Tracy Szanto, who does the beautiful quilting!


And Camille Arnone of Evergreen Country Primitives quilt shop.

And don't forget The Quilted Frog.


The Guild table was busy, too!


As a Stashbuster, I was pretty good, only indulging in a $1.00 bag of scraps from the guild table. But I doubt that I'll ever tame my fabric addiction, LOL! I'm not even sure that I WANT to.


I was thrilled to encounter my dear friend Deb from Meredith enjoying the show!


Sometimes we shop together on Saturdays if there is a great sale at The Mothership (a.k.a. Keepsake Quilting's retail store in Center Harbor, New Hampshire).

This year the guild chose to display the Keepsake Hoffman Challenge quilts in the main room as you entered the show. They are the smaller wall hangings hung from the ceiling tiles.



All the quilts were beautiful!


 Pictured below is the all-batik official Belknap Mill Quilter's Guild Raffle Quilt. Remember that I did one paper-pieced block for it? Well, I guess it's in there somewhere, LOL!


I feel badly that I was so booked to work at various booths that I do not have a complete photographic record of the show. But I did make certain to get a picture of all 6 of my own quilts!

This is my "Mr. Bojangles", a Civil War reproduction snowball/nine-patch with a striped border. I quilted this one with those big freehand loose wonky spirals on Ellen Peters' rented longarm.
Yesterday, this quilt was returned by me (from being on loan for the show) to my next door neighbor, Al Constant, who was a lifelong veteran in the Army. It is not an official Quilt Of Valor, but I just wanted to personally thank him for his service to our country. He gave me the world's biggest bear hug!


These two quilts were my Sister's Choice Part I, and Sister's Choice Part II, that were on loan from my wonderful sister, Suzanne Levesque. Thank you, Bonnie K. Hunter for this free pattern on your blog here!
Linda Monasky, of the Bear Paw Gallery in Alton, New Hampshire, quilted both of these beautifully in her ivy vines and loops!
I was very grateful that our Chairperson of Hanging, Anne Colburn, was able to display them so effectively side by side. She is a genius at hanging the show and her work this year was, once again, pure artistry. Thank you, Anne!


And there, above, is my Bonnie K. Hunter's mystery pattern, "Easy Street", that was done in all Civil War reproductions. I quilted this one with groovy boards guiding the design of Baptist Fans at Ellen Peters' Studio. I quilted the pair of twin quilts shown below at her studio, too.


These two quilts are my "Cappuchino" log cabin right beside my "Tumble Inn" random tumblers quilt, and that was all that I put into the show.

I did not get a chance to participate in the many demonstrations that were going on in this area where Sharon and Tracy posed for the camera, but I heard that they were terrific! Thank you so much, Kelly Bliss for organizing all that!


There was a good crowd enjoying the show on both days!


The food at our Harvest Cafe was delicious! I had a pulled pork sandwich for only $4.50 and it was awesome!


For dessert, I had a Raspberry Marzipan Square that was out of this world, yummmy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This show hosted two featured quilters from the Belknap Mill Quilter's Guild, Margarget O' Brien, and June Pease. No photographs on earth will ever do justice to their beautiful work.

Here is Margaret O' Brien surrounded by her creations.


I loved her batiks in the "Twin Stars" pattern below, and the story of how she made this quilt because she has a twin sister.


Her whole booth was phenonenal.


She chooses classic designs and executes them to perfection.


Thank you, Margaret, for enriching our show with your artistry!

And, not to be left out, is June Pease, our other featured quilter, who is seen here with "Mr. June."


Although June has been involved in almost every aspect of the quilting industry, I was glad that she chose to display her award-winning applique quilts.


Her work is stunning and I have warned you that my photos are poor substitutes for seeing these quilts.


Each one is a masterpiece.

Thank you, June, for gracing the show with all this beauty and expertise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This quilt show was two days of powerful inspiration and intimidation for us all.


Not the least of the show's charm is the placement of quaint antiques that are on loan from the many members who bother to haul them back and forth to the show, and the giant fresh pots of chrysanthemums to compliment the beauty of the quilts. Thank you, Debbie Pare for all your behind-the-scenes efforts to bring these props!

There are many, many other folks who contributed to this show and I publicly apologize for their omission here but thank you!

I hope that you enjoyed my sharing of a few of my impressions of this show!

Stay calm and quilt on!





6 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Wow, what a show! No wonder you are feeling exhausted :)

FeatherDuster said...

What a bunch of pretty quilts!
That batik pineapples quilt is gorgeous.

I love all of your quilts. Your ...oh no...the name has totally escaped me, I should've written it down...the Bonnie Hunter one....yours is my very favorite of all I've seen from that pattern. Ah yes... *Easy Street*. I think I may have to take a stroll down that street, myself. ;-)

Nann said...

Thank you for the recap of a wonderful show!

Auntie Em said...

Look like a wonderful show! Your guild really covers all the bases with demonstrations, food, etc.
Congratulations on having 6 quilts to show!

cityquilter grace said...

excellent quilt show photos and looks like a great time was had by all....see u soon!

Lori said...

Lovely pictures--so glad I got to see the "Sister's quilts" side by side.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...