Monday, August 15, 2016

Quiltfest

There was a one-day window of cooler weather on Saturday and I took full advantage of it. I drove an hour north to Center Harbor, New Hampshire, to Keepsake Quilting's retail store to enter my "Farmer In The Dell" quilt into their Quiltfest competition this week. There is a Facebook page for Keepsake Quilting where you can vote for your favorite quilt. Please do!
      Voting is now closed, but thank you to those that did vote for my Farmer In The Dell! It took third place which won me a $50 gift certificate at Keepsake.



It is a viewer's choice voting that goes on this week and it has great prizes. While I was there, I picked out two potential backing pieces if I were ever to do a smaller quilt and I received a 15% discount just for entering! Win, win!!


The deep tan has indigo stars and I think that it was 4.25 yards by Primitive Gathering for Moda.


The other piece, 5 yards, was a Pam Buda called, Prairie Stitches, that is a tiny floral on a very light piecrust background.


When I got home, I sewed up some more strip sets for my Starstruck quadrants and stitched up a few.


The combinations are so pretty and I love how they are turning out!


These are all from my stash so I feel smug and virtuous about making this quilt, LOL!


It's hard to keep your appetite when the weather is so very hot, but Felix's Chef Salad with sliced turkey, hard-cooked eggs, julienned salami and swiss cheese was delicious!


The outdoor-only kitties have been baked even when they lie out in the shade. Here's Mr. Tipper!


And, of course, there were more pinwheels produced!


Linking up to Em's Scrapbag. Link.
Linking also to Love Laugh Quilt. Link.
Linking to Log Cabin Loonies. Link.

Stay cool and quilt on!

13 comments:

maggie fellow said...

you mean the "real" keepsake quilting? wow. an amazing quilt

cityquilter grace said...

the quilt is gorgeous vic...hope you win! and nice backing selections too...oooh that salad looks delish! i love a good greek salad in the summer but anything with turkey and salami wins too!

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, I didn't realize Keepsake Quilting had a real, live store that you could visit! I have enjoyed their catalogs tremendously for years, even though I've only ordered from them a few times. Lucky you, shopping there in person! Your quilt is beautiful; good luck in the contest.

em's scrapbag said...

Lucky you to get the discount at Keepsake! Hope you win! I love your log cabin quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I like the fabrics you purchased at Keepsake. I've never been there and probably never will get there. It's a long way from Indiana. Blessings Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your quilt is beautiful--hope it is a winner for you. Great find with the backing fabric especially like the Primitive Gatherings fabric--

piecefulwendy said...

If I was at Keepsake, you'd get my vote. Your quilt is beautiful! Nice snag on the two backing pieces -- I like the darker one especially! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

Nancy said...

I have to say, I'm just a little envious of you living so close to such a huge fabric store! It must be grand! I hope your quilt wins. It's beautiful.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Janet O. said...

Wish I could drop by and vote for your quilt, Vic!
You snagged a couple of great backings, and it might be a good thing I wasn't there. We might have had a tussle over them. *LOL*
Always love the pinwheels!

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt! You came home with some very pretty fabrics.

Bonnie said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. By any chance did you use a log cabin ruler? I agree with all of your heat related comments. I'm tired of the high 90s and 100's. Enough already. My only saving grace is air conditioning and my studio is in the basement. Hope your quilt wins!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That quilt is just beautiful! Congratulations on winning a prize for it. Your Starstruck quilt blocks look really interesting! I'm curious to see how they will go together!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Congrats on third place and the $$! Beautiful quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...