Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Voting News

If you didn't see the update sentence that I had added to the last blog post, I am asking for you to vote for your favorite quilt on Keepsake Quilting's Facebook page. My quilt is called, The Farmer In The Dell log cabin. Thank you for participating!

I'm linking up to Log Cabin Loonies also with this post! Link.


The voting will be up for about a week they said.

On another front, we had a fun day at The Sunshine Club at the Alton, New Hampshire, Senior Center. Mary, seen below, was getting some great help from Sue as Mary made her checkerboard.


 Sue, below, was helping get the strip sets cut and sewn correctly.


Sure looks right to me! Remember, it's not sewn yet, just laid out.


Marjorie, below, joined us a bit late but was enjoying the company as she sewed pink yoyos.


Beverly was doing a bit of hand quilting on an old UFO that she's had for over twenty years.


It is so beautiful! And so worth doing!


I was able to get some nice borders onto my little charm pack quilt and I do love how it looks!


Here is a close up to see the fabrics. It is 75" by 66".


Next, I need to scramble up a backing somehow.

Also linking to Julie K Quilts. Link.

Hope you can stay cool in this very muggy weather. Happy sewing!




5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

sooo beautiful and that border fabric is just perfect! this is going to be a stunner when it's done...oh yeah that border fabric is gorgeous...and i voted and mom will too!

Janet O. said...

Sorry I am not a "Facebooker", Vic. I wish you well with the voting!
Your quilt is so warm and lovely! Great border fabric choice.

Nann said...

Janet, you do not vote on FB, but rather on the Keepsake blog.
That said -- some lovely quilts. Good luck, Vic!

Quilter Kathy said...

A beautiful log cabin treasure!
So fun to get together with other quilters for great conversation and encouragement on our projects!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

gorgeous log cabin quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...