Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Farmer In The Dell

My big log cabin has been finished for three days as I have waited upon the weather for a fine sunny morning for my photoshoot.


This was begun way back in early December of 2015 and it has been my ongoing project.


I'm naming it, "The Farmer In The Dell", after pleasant memories of childhood circle games.


It is 97" by 97" and with the Warm & White 100% cotton batting and a cotton flannel backing it is a big heavy quilt suitable for real New England winters.


The quilting is deliberately sparse to keep the quilt soft and drapey. I used an antique tan thread and a free-hand colonial clamshell quilt design.


This was done by me on a rented longarm at Cat Whisker's Studio in Laconia, New Hampshire.


I love this quilt! I would do it all over again!


Happy quilting!

5 comments:

straythreads said...

WOW that turned out great!! Love the scrappiness of it
well done

Janet O. said...

It is wonderful! When I see your beatiful log cabin quilts it stirs a desire to make one. I don't act on it but the desire is there. *LOL*

Nann said...

It looks grand, Vic! Great job.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Superb! I can't believe how big it is! I love it.

gayle said...

A quilt that pretty and cuddly could almost make you look forward to winter! 8)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...