Thursday, August 11, 2016

Too Dang Hot!

This week has been, and still is, brutally hot and humid, so I'm staying indoors!

But on Tuesday, I did enjoy some sewing time with The Sunshine Club at the Alton New Hampshire Senior Center. Here's Jody and Sue passing pleasantries while Sue was working on her Black & White string blocks.


These are very dramatic blocks!


Now Sue has enough made to sneak in a little preview of the look. Wow!


Nice work, Sue!


She got several trimmed to put into position.


These are a very structured version of string blocks where every string matches in order as opposed to random placements and widths.


Mary, seen below, is still working on her random scrappy strings at home, but brought in the beginnings of a new project for a cloth checkerboard.


Although I forgot to ask somebody to take pictures of me actually sewing the rows, I did get the little 4 Charm Packs of Nurture by Moda all sewn together into a top. This was a picture that I took before I had pressed it, but I did get it pressed, too. Now for borders!


Miss Emma Lynne likes to be outdoors for a lovely stick-chewing session, something that is not allowed indoors.


But Mr. Tipper really can't see what good it is to chew sticks, but politely joins the fun for a sun bath on the grass.


My progress on the Starstruck Sew Along is very slow due to my bonus triangle interruptions, but who could resist these cute blocks???



Linking up to Can I Get A whoop Whoop? Link.
Linking up to Oh Scrap! Link.

Happy sewing and stay cool!





9 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

ooh hot and humid here too vic, like 95+....love,love,love those pinwheel blocks!! beautiful! this is the weather i was dreading but so far managing to survive...keep cool and quilt on!

Janet O. said...

Those B/W blocks are VERY striking!
I love the warm and cozy colors of the line of fabrics in your charm square quilt.
Lovin' the pinwheels. You can't complain about other things being stalled when you are making such fun blocks as these!! : )

gayle said...

Those black and white strings are very dramatic! The quilt will be stunning!
Who could resist all those bonus triangles? They look terrific all laid out together!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

That black and white quilt just gets better and better, it's going to be stunning when finished,

Feathers in my Nest said...

How are you & Felix holding up in this humid hot weather? I'm hiding in the basement as much as I can.It was nearly 100* these past couple days.
Take care of you & the animals.
My Love always, Debra.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the black and white strings and your sweet patchwork top, too! Those bonus triangles are going to make a really neat quilt!

Vera said...

Pretty projects! I like those dramatic blocks the most ;)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Who can resist bonus triangles? I know they distract me every time. Thanks for sharing all these pretty projects with Oh Scrap!

Sarah Craig said...

Fortunately, it's seldom too dang hot to sew! Lots of pretty eye candy in your post, and of course you had to play with those bonus triangles! Whoop whoop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...