Saturday, August 6, 2016

Showtime At The Lakes

Yesterday morning I braved the heat and went to a quilt show. It was The Ladies Of the Lakes Guild and what was wonderful is that they do allow photographs for non commercial use. These are the ones that appealed to me.


I think that my attempts to capture the legends were unsuccessful due to very fine print on their cards.


I wanted a close up of a block from the above design, but wouldn't you know, it turned out to be a block that has two small darker points turned wrong-way!



I saw and hugged lots of friends while I was there, so I was far from lonely.


You may click on any picture to enlarge it.




So many quilts made me silently squeal inside a thought of, "Oh, I want to make that one!!!!"




Their featured quilter was Janet Vaughn and I loved all of her quilts! Here are some of them.






So many quilts, so little time!!

While at the show, I resisted buying anything and came right home to the cool AC. Then I was very bad and ordered scads from two online sources that had huge sales. Hee hee hee, I love being bad!

Linking up to Oh Scrap!Link.



Happy quilting!





8 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

yes you ARE bad....tee hee...but i see why you love those quilts...they look a lot like yours! no doubt you both love the same red and coordinating colors....and that red applique...swwooooon! it's always the applique ones that get me

Jean said...

Thanks for all the beautiful pics of beautiful quilts. A lot like I make, but I don't have CW fabrics, instead a lot of brights. We've had very hot weather in Ia. also, finally broke with storms, and lower humidity the last two days.

Janet O. said...

Oh, you make me laugh! : )
I love the quilts you loved.
I was going to commend you for being so strong and not buying at the show, but it sounds like you made up for it afterward. *LOL*

Nancy said...

I can see the appeal of all of these quilts. And I can imagine you making most of them, Vic.

So, tell us -- me! -- which online sources had sales, and were they one day sales?

Thanks for sharing some of the show with us.

--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Chantal said...

Wow! I love the Ohio Star quilt! My Gosh! It is HUGE: from ceiling to floor. Just AWESOME!! Some of these quilts made me squeal too!! Such beauties. Thanks so much for sharing these with us. (Isn't good to be bad? hahaha!) ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a great little quilt show! I can see why you were inspired. Thanks for linking these up with Oh Scrap! Look forward to seeing what you bought :)

Kathy S. said...

Thanks for all the eye candy today. LOVE those tumbling blocks. Have a great week.

Nann said...

Thank you for the quilt show tour. I recognize the mixed Ohio Stars (a larger version of a Bonnie H. design.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...